Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Age ain't nothin' but a number.

Over the years, I've been told that I have numerous talents and, not to brag, I do. The main problem, however, I was afraid to do anything major with them. It was until I had a photo published in the newspaper that I broke out of that box. Where I currently live, we, literally, have CEOs that aren't even old enough to move out on their own yet. I don't consider young age to be a obstacle, but better yet, an opportunity. I've often been told that I have understanding beyond my years. I've designed numerous websites, programmed phones, done pretty much everything that your average sixteen year old doesn't normally do. (click 'read more' to continue)

All I do is make plans for my life, but at the same time I try to enjoy my time as a teenager. Being surrounded by people my age who do the same thing is really inspiring and uplifting. It is proof that nothing is impossible, no matter what age you are.

I hope I can inspire anyone who is young to get up and do what they want. Whether it be a clothing line, internet business (let me know!), or just a general entrepreneur, do it! My plans are to start my own advertising media company by the age of 25 and, hopefully if I have the right idea, start an online stock photography agency (or something else). Ask yourself what your plans are. Now, if you don't have an entrepreneurial spirit then its not a bad thing, but if you do then go for it!

So, if this is what you feel like you want to do, then I have a checklist for you below. Just read it and hopefully it helps:

  • First, have a plan! Just jumping in head first works sometimes, but most of the time it ends in failure. Always have a plan A and a plan B.
  • Do a little market research. See if whatever you're trying to do/sell is wanted by the public. This can help you save time that would otherwise be wasted. 
  • Never, and I mean NEVER, copy someone else's idea. If one person is doing something, I wouldn't suggest doing the same thing unless yours is going to be different.
  • Read! Business books (or anything relevant to what you want to do) and learn about what it is your trying to do. Experience can teach you a lot, but its still good to know what you're doing before jumping into it.
I hope these tips help you. Remember, just go for it! Age is not a obstacle, but an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment