Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Photographer's Life

This week I've really been into reading a photo book I purchased a while back, Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer's Life 1990-2005. It is composed of about 200 photographs taken by Annie Leibovitz with only a few pages of text. I'll post a few photos from the book at the end.

This has to be one of my best purchases yet (at $59 it is the most I've ever spent on a book). Its like watching an evolutionary cycle of her work. She's photographed tons of celebrities such as Jim Carey, Jamie Foxx, Scarlet Johansson, and many others. Her style is very diverse, sometimes it seems to be kind of minimal, but in other photographs you can see the thought and effort behind it. It is truly amazing. (click 'read more' to continue)



As far as the text goes, she writes about her career discussing things such as her time working at Rolling Stone and how much she values other photographers. I have yet to read that part (although I have no excuse for not doing so!).

My opinion on the book is a positive one. Before, as strange as it sounds coming from a photographer, I didn't really enjoy photo books. This one changed my whole outlook on that. Just everything from the way the photo was taken down to the paper it was printed on. To see that was just amazing. I have a few shots from the book below for you to view. Enjoy!




-Dino

No comments:

Post a Comment